The new touchscreen monitor in HSB1345, just swipe your finger across and advance your PowerPoint slides. You can annotate with either the pen (which I only know where it is hidden) or your finger. HSB classrooms are due for refreshing and 1345 is a preview.
You also can use the new feature AirMedia which allows you to have your student(s) login and then you can project their screen onto the “big” screen. The refreshed rooms will also have a “bridge” which will enable use of the in room cameras for Skyping or WebConferencing.
Contact OET for a demonstration!
Yes I am speaking French as I am leaving for a trip to Southern France tomorrow! My student worker Kayla Boyer, firstname.lastname@example.org will be covering my phone and office while I am gone. I will be back in the office on Monday, October 14. Mediasite recordings will be monitored by her and the ITCS techs. Any requests she can’t handle please feel free to contact these folks for assistance.
Help Desk (Chris Motteler and Tim Smith) for this building 744-2903.
Blackboard – Matt Long, Cindy Bowers
Centra / Collaborate – John Southworth
Mediasite Troubleshooting – Jason Gurd, Jarret Shafer, Josh Brown
My Mediasite – Dennis Allen, Jason Gurd
Tegrity – Dennis Allen, Ginny Sconiers
I know I sound like a broken record about lecture capture but did you know that through “My Mediasite” software you can track who is watching, how long they are watching without contacting this office. To get access to this great resource contact OET for instructions!
As fall semester gets into full swing please remember some simple tips when using our classrooms -
- Log off the room computer at the end of your class
- Shut down the system at the end of your class to turn off the projector
- Return the mouse to its cradle
- Return the wireless keyboard to its stand
- Turn off your mic if you are recording your class
- Those who are recording please note that when you mute the screen from the face to face students it is still getting recorded for the distance students, press pause to stop any desktop recording
- Streaming video while recording? Click the Mediasite button and then image, click back to video when you are finished watching the video!
- Lock doors
- Contact OET for assistance, training or information on our systems!
As we get closer to Fall Semester 2013, a few reminders. To merge courses there is a link on the left side of My Courses in Blackboard. To copy content go to Packages and Utilities from the course you are copying content from. Enable Respondus Lockdown in Tool Availability as well as Turning Point. To change colors or add a banner go to Teaching Style. Put in your recording requests, clicker requests and webconferencing requests.
Contact OET for assistance in getting Fall Semester off the ground!
With just under 3 (that’s right 3!) weeks until the start of Fall 2013 semester and the influx of new students to your program let’s relax and take a deep breath for a few [fill in you time frame]. Check out this fun link of “Life Hacks for Summer”, I love the mango tip!
With summer sessions and fall semester is just under 4 weeks away. Have you taken the summer challenge to try something new? There is still time to explore technologies available here at Allied Health and ECU. Clickers are a fun way to start a semester, especially with students who are new to your program and ECU. Stop by OET’s office for a quick demo on this easy to use product!
As of July 3 students will have the ability to use Lync, as mentioned in a past blog (see post or do a search on this blog for Lync. What can Lync do?
- Instant message on or off campus with other ECU faculty, staff and students
- Schedule an online video/audio/text meeting through email/calendar
- Request an impromptu online meeting through the Meet Now command in Lync
- Participants don’t have Lync? They can join a meeting through the Web App or Lync Attendee.*
- Share a desktop, a program or a PowerPoint presentation during a meeting
- Brainstorm on the whiteboard
- Record a meeting (media release forms required)
- Calls are computer-to-computer only at this time; however, users will soon be able to attend meetings via cell/VoIP phones
- Please visit the Lync security page for HIPAA, FERPA and sensitive data regulations