5. Select Print and print as PDF so you can save and print or send directly to your printer
No it’s not football season and the baseball team has just started back practicing. But many of you are giving first exams and/or projects and now it is time to grade. Rubrics help and Blackboard enables you to add rubrics for grading. You can also use inline grading directly in Blackboard. Perhaps you would rather give more personal feedback using audio and video then try one of the newest tools available directly in Blackboard, Voice Thread.
Need information on any of these tools contact this office for a demo.
Found your own tool that works, share it here!
- Open System Preferences, either from the Dock or from the Apple menu.
- In the System Preferences, select the General preference pane.
- The middle section of the General preference pane controls when scroll bars appear.
- Select “Always” from the Show Scroll Bars options.
Video will acount for over 2/3 of mobile usage in 2018
Social Media Facts 2016 That Will Blow Your Mind – Guess what name babies in Egypt have been given?
I blogged about this before but recently had a question come across my desk about creating a calendar to avoid “an organizational nightmare”?
According to the website “Doodle offers a wide selection of online solutions that radically simplify the process of scheduling appointments, ranging from the group event “poll” that doesn’t require registration to the professional appearance with own branding.”
Check it out!
Clickers have been a great tool to quiz students and the software is available in all classrooms. I have lots of clickers in my cabinet and you don’t have the students sign up if you are doing anonymous polling. You don’t have to get a license just sign up for a free Instructor account.
Some interesting data –
- The class became more active and vibrant
- Students became less passive
- Absenteeism was reduced
- Students seemed to like the addition of clickers
- More students were able to share their ideas with the whole class, promoting an emphasis on explaining and listening to reasoning. Students were also better able to hear their classmates.”
Contact this office to learn more.
Instructions on setting up an account – turning-account-faculty
What’s in your wallet? Advertisement – I am asking a similar question which is “What’s in your Classroom”? Are you trying something new this semester or have you tweaked something old? Any light bulb moments? Is it working or have you tried something that just isn’t going right?
Take a moment and share here or send me an email and I will blog about it! What might just be old hat to you may be a treasure to some one else, please share!
Was from ECU Technology Digest about OneDrive for Business (OD4B) Cloud Storage. So you may be using Dropbox for your lecture files but consider putting them on your OneDrive.
Start using your OneDrive for Business today by logging in to http://pirate365.ecu.edu. OD4B makes it easy to share files and/or folders as well.
- Storage – 1TB for non-sensitive files – NO HIPAA, PCI, SS# or other sensitive data (see the OneDrive vs. Piratedrive page for a list of examples)
- Availability – access files from a work, personal or mobile device
- Document editing – edit files within OD4B using Office programs on your computer or Office Online within OneDrive
- Sharing – Share files or folders with ECU and non-ECU users; either read or edit permissions
- Collaboration – Edit a file simultaneously with others. There’s only one version!
- Sync – You choose which files automatically upload
Delve – See what’s been shared with you through the Delve app
Visit the OneDrive website for general info, an FAQ and a list of learning resources. Having trouble installing OneDrive? Call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 | 800. 340.7081.
Want to get to know your students quickly, try having them create a homepage blog, try using clickers gives them a bit of anonymity. Perhaps a video introduction would be a way to get to know your distance ed students. Need to set up presentation or meeting schedules there are easy to use apps to help with that.
Some technologies in house can be found at this Educational Technology link Want to invite a guest to lecture to your class but they are on the other side of the country here are some conferencing systems available to you.
Lynda.com available to faculty, staff and students can help learn a new skill or brush up on an old one. Some apps blogged about are Doodle.com for scheduling, Socrative.com for audience response.
Share with us what has worked for you!
Let us know what you want to do and we can try to make it happen. Contact OET!
In the news recently was Microsoft will acquire LinkedIn for $196 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at $26.2 billion As your students go out into the “real” world beyond academia LinkedIn is one way for them to network outside of Facebook and other social media tools. Here are some tips on creating the “perfect” LinkedIn profile, called the Ultimate LinkedIn Cheat Sheet.
For instance the
Right Size Image
Outreach for Recommendations