Communicator – Now Available for all Faculty/Staff!
A handy tool for quick exchange of information etc. Yes it is basically an Instant Message tool but it is supported by ITCS and works much better than your original instant messenger.
With many advanced features, Communicator 2007 works with your Outlook address book and calendar so that:
• You communicate securely with ECU colleagues
• You can refer back to saved conversations in your Outlook mailbox
• You can see when a colleague is available to chat
How Can Communicator Help You?
- Initiate a one-to-one or group text-based conversation when you need information quickly;
- Schedule video conferences using a Web camera for more personal communications;
- Place Communicator calls (calls from your computer to another computer or to a phone) from any connected location;
- View presence information—whether a person is online, in a meeting, out of the office, etc.—from an e-mail message received in Outlook 2007;
- Share documents through Communicator “data sharing” sessions;
- Instant message contacts securely using public IM programs such as AOL Instant Messenger, MSN / Windows Messenger, and Yahoo! Messenger. Communicator calls and audio/video conferencing are not supported with public instant messaging contacts.
Communicator 2007 for Windows is available from download.ecu.edu . Sign in using your piratemail address/passphrase and choose the Microsoft Applications category. Mac users should download Mac Messenger 7.0 or use the Communicator Web Access application.