My Mediasite provides tools for managing your recordings. All faculty have access to My Mediasite and the ability to download the Desktop Recorder. Even if you do not use desktop recordings you are able to manage your semester recordings via the My Mediasite web page. By clicking on the title of your presentation you can Edit its title, availability, add descriptions, external links and add polls.
Analytics on a recording can be found here which includes information as to who watched, how long, when, etc.
Editing of content is available via My Mediasite , clip the beginning, end or middle of the presentation. Add chapters for quick reference.
Contact OET for more information and to integrate with your course!
Some reminders for start of semester (I know Spring just ended!)-
- If you have video links from Laupus Library you must request activation of those links each semester, request form can be found here http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/mts/VideoRequest.cfm
- Make sure your content has been rolled over to your summer classes, if not please go to this link http://www.ecu.edu/blackboard/
- Submit your mediasite recording form or request for release of past recordings. Contact the OET for form and or additional information
- If you are interested in using the “clickers” for your class please advise the OET what dates, times and rooms you will need the equipment.
- Advise OET of any special software that should be loaded onto classroom computers.
- If you have a guest speaker whose voice needs reinforcement contact the OET to reserve their voice reinforcement system.
- For those conducting online office hours or class meetings with Centra make your reservation at this link http://centra.aos.ecu.edu/ or
- Download Microsoft Communicator http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/communicator2007/index.cfm as another way to have real time communication with your class, the OET has webcam/microphones for loan.
Contact the OET for assistance in your start of semester preparations!
Before anyone gets sick
Students are encouraged to have a “study buddy.” These people can be a go-between for sick students and their respective faculty members. Likewise, faculty should have a “teaching buddy.” The buddy should have a copy of the syllabus and access to the Blackboard course and the Mediasite presentations, if appropriate. Faculty uncomfortable with this should at least give the Office of Educational Technology (OET) access to the Blackboard courses (we already have access to the Mediasite presentations) so we can give the “buddy” appropriate access if necessary due to illness.
Many of you have been using Mediasite recordings as a way to deliver your online courses, but some of you may not realize its full potential beyond distance learning.
“Turn classroom lectures into instant online courses. Mediasite records your instruction and webcasts it live, automatically. Learners can watch it in real-time, later on-demand or listen on-the-go with podcasting.
- Watch online lectures anytime, anywhere.
- Present as usual – no new technology to learn.
- Increase enrollment without new classrooms or facilities.
- Create instant knowledge catalogs for blended learning and distance education.
- Integrate with your existing course management system.
- Skip post-production; audio and video are automatically synchronized”
We will be sending a video link shortly that OET made using Mediasite along with the newest features available with our recent upgrade!