Student Blackboard Support
Faculty Blackboard Start of Semester Tips
Embedding Mediasite into Blackboard
Video Release Form
Requirements for Viewing a Mediasite Presentation
SABA Web Conferencing
Using Pirate Port
Using VPN to Connect Remotely
Using Online Tools
Just to get you started! and here is the answer to one of many questions how to add an Instructor or TA to your BB course.
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON
- Click on the Users and Groups area of the Control Panel
- Click on Users
- Click on Enroll Users and select Find Users to Enroll from the drop down
- On the Add Enrollments page, enter the teaching assistant’s or instructor’s username (do NOT include their email address)
- Select the appropriate role from the dropdown (course builder, grader, student, instructor, student or teaching assistant)
- click on Submit
So why not make a quick video using MDR to explain?
In an educational institution, we make extensive use of the Fair Use Doctrine of the U.S. Copyright Law to allow us to use excerpts of copyrighted material for educational purposes and the courts have upheld this as Fair Use. However, the Fair Use Doctrine (http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html) clearly limits us to “…reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson…”.
Copying entire videos onto a Mediasite recorder would be a violation of U.S. Copyright law, even though only registered students can get to it. Those students could share the video with non-registered students.