“Art without Borders” is an art exhibition accompanied by series of events that celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. We invite you to participate in the numerous activities scheduled between September 20th and November 10th, 2010!
Hosted by East Carolina University and the Greenville Museum of Art, “Art without Borders” introduces the work of local, national, and international Latino artists with the goal of building and strengthening ties between the diverse groups that make up our community, between artists and art enthusiasts, and between ECU and the broader community in eastern North Carolina.
Programming includes (see Events for complete information):
- “Art without Borders” Exhibit at Greenville Museum of Art featuring works by Eddie Dominguez and José Galvez.
- An exhibit at Joyner Library featuring works by Peter Eversoll.
- Artist presentations.
- Panel discussions on immigration and border issues and collaborative research projects with Latinos in North Carolina.
- Docent training for art students.
- A bilingual story-time & art workshop for children.
- A screening of the film: “The Wind Journeys.”
- Concerts featuring the bands “Tiempo Libre” and the “Spam Allstars.”
All events are open to the public. Advanced online registration is required for some activities.
Most events are free.
Concerts are free for ECU students with valid student ID. General admission tickets are $10, available in advance from the Central Ticket Office (ECU Campus, Mendenhall Student Center) at 1-800-ECU-ARTS (252-328-4788), and at the door in Wright Auditorium.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) should call 252-737-1016 (voice/TTY) at least forty-eight hours prior to the event.
Information about Team “Art without Borders”