1. The last access column represents the last time the student accessed the course you are checking.
2. Hiding a column just hides it from the your grade center view it is still visible to the students. To hide a column from student edit the column information and select NO for option 3
3. To weight grades click on the chevron arrows next to Weighted Total, Edit Column Information. You can then set up your grade weighting either by item or category.
4. Pointing at a grade item will show the Grade Title, Points etc in the Grade Information Bar
5. Grading color codes is a neat way to highlight low grades, assignments that need grading or other important information.
6. Smart Views is another way to just highlight groups, specific grade items such as journals or discussion.
Lots more tips and information on Blackboard can be found in the CAHS Kiosk of Information (OET8000) course you are enrolled in as a student!