Respondus Lockdown Browser! As quoted in “The Weekly Word” it is a is a new tool in Blackboard (look in your Control Panel), which many of you will be interested in if you give online tests and would like an alternative to a proctor. Read about the features that make LockDown a secure testing environment and how you can utilize it in your course(s) at http://blog.ecu.edu/sites/blackboard/?p=1666 You can a
Students will have to go to the following link http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/information.pl?ID=745639734 to download the software for either their PC or Mac. This software must be installed on their computers. Once installed students will click on the Lockdown Browser Icon on their desktop prior to taking a test in Blackboard. Lockdown Browser will open Blackboard in a secure setting.
Questions? Demos? Contact OET!
Yikes the test has been deployed, half the students have taken it and you realize one of the answers was keyed wrong. In Blackboard 9 you DON’T have to go into each test one at a time to search and correct the question. Click on the arrows next to the test name in Grade Center, select grade question, find the question keyed wrong, click on responses and then click edit to change the student’s points. Still have to do each student but this is much quicker than before!
1. The last access column represents the last time the student accessed the course you are checking.
2. Hiding a column just hides it from the your grade center view it is still visible to the students. To hide a column from student edit the column information and select NO for option 3
3. To weight grades click on the chevron arrows next to Weighted Total, Edit Column Information. You can then set up your grade weighting either by item or category.
4. Pointing at a grade item will show the Grade Title, Points etc in the Grade Information Bar
5. Grading color codes is a neat way to highlight low grades, assignments that need grading or other important information.
Lots more tips and information on Blackboard can be found in the OET8000 Blackboard course you are enrolled in as a student!
Check out the opening page in the Allied Health Blackboard Course. I have added RSS feeds, click on the RSS menu item to find out how to add this neat feature to your course. Or contact our office for assistance.