Hello All –
I will be away from my laptop and mostly off the internet through the 28th of December. If you have recently sent in a copy content request we will process it when we get back. I will be sending out information on training, new features, work arounds and known issues in regard to Bb 8 once I get back to work. I hope you all have a great winter break. Enjoy yourself !!!
– Matt Long
Hello All –
The Blackboard team will not be processing any course requests after 12/15/09 UNTIL AFTER the upgrade. We are going to use next Wed, Thurs and Friday to test out the course collapse tool and the snapshot process on our new Blackboard 8 system that you will see after the 22nd, after the upgrade. So, if you have a request please enter it in between now and late Tues. If you have any questions please feel free to email or call me.
- Bb team will not be copying content starting on 12/15 UNTIL AFTER the upgrade
- Bb team will not be collapsing courses starting on 12/15 UNTIL AFTER the upgrade
- Bb team updating faculty enrollments starting on 12/15 UNTIL AFTER the upgrade
- Student enrollments start AFTER the upgrade
Hello ECU Blackboard Faculty –
I will be holding 4 demonstrations of the new Blackboard gradebook (now called the Gradebook Center) on 01/07/2010 in Bate 1032. To sign up please login to Onestop and search for “Overview of the New Gradebook Center – Bate 1032 on 1/7/2010“.
Here are the times of the 4 demos.
Here are some features that will be covered.
- Freeze panel option
- Auto dropping of grades
- Gradebook History Feature
- Emailing your students directly from your gradebook
- Gradebook Views – Creating “views” for each section if you collapse multiple sections into one Bb course
- New ways to weight the gradebook
I encourage you to bring your colleages and any support staff within your unit. We will be holding more in-depth training thoughout the Spring 2010 semester so this will not be the last time to see this demonstration.