You have been forwarded to this blog post from the Blackboard login page because we are in the process of upgrading and migrating to the latest version of Blackboard.
- 5/10/2011 9:00 a.m. – Blackboard is now down for an upgrade to version 9. The comments area is now open so if you have any questions about Bb or the upgrade you can leave a comment. Be sure to check back to the blog for our reply.
- 5/11/2011 10:30 a.m. – Upgrade process is progressing very well, according to our systems analysts and technicians. It’s a good day! Once the Blackboard Admin team has completed our QA process, we will notify faculty/students/staff right away when Bb9 is up and running! Remember, the planned downtime is until 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 13, unless we notify you otherwise.
- 5/11/2011 4:34 p.m. – A checkpoint report from our systems analyst once again gives us positive news that the long upgrade process is going smoothly. An air of guarded excitement is hovering over offices of the Blackboard Admin team! Watch for more news tomorrow…
- 5/12/2011 10:20 a.m. – Another great morning, thanks to our systems analysts and technicians. We just got another “all is well” confirmation that the migration is sailing along nicely (a paraphrase).
- 5/12/2011 1:22 p.m. – Blackboard Admin team is now starting our QA of Bb9; things are still looking very good from the back end, technically. Watch for another update later today!
- 5/12/2011 7:15 p.m. – Lots of work done today on QA on system admin side, moving right along. More tomorrow!
- 5/13/2011 8:10 a.m. – Continuing on with our QA of all features, tools, settings, systems admin panel. It’s a busy day, but we’re excited. We’ll send out an announcement right away once we are 100% up & running on all servers!
- 5/13/2011 12:20 p.m. – Eating a cold piece of chicken while doing QA, but I’m thrilled because I know we’ll be way ahead of schedule. We will all be seeing Bb9 out of the chute very soon! Thanks for your patience!
During this upgrade, Blackboard will be down from May 10, 2011, 8:00 a.m., until 11:59 p.m on May 13, 2011 .
Watch Matt’s 42-second video for a brief explanation. And, please explore the resources in the links below.
|S T U D E N T S||F A C U L T Y|
|Bb9 Navigation: PDF||Bb9 Navigation:PDF|
|Navigation: Video 5 min.||Navigation: Video 15 min.|
|Student Resource Page||Faculty Resource Page|
- Will the content I’ve been working on (and past courses) in Blackboard 8 show up in Blackboard 9? Yes.
- Can I still work on my summer course while Blackboard is going through the upgrade? No.
- Is training still available for Blackboard 9? Yes. Also, bring your laptop to our drop-in open lab in Austin 308 on the mornings of May 13, May 16, or May 17th. GAs and TAs are welcome to drop in or attend any training sessions.
Thank you for your patience throughout this transition. We look forward to assisting you and providing support and guidance while you become familiar with Blackboard 9.
See you soon in Blackboard 9!
Blackboard Administrators | Academic Computing | ITCS