During the upgrade process, the course collapse settings were reset to default values, which means they are no longer linked together.
We have been informed that the best course of action is to restore from backup as of Blackboard update regarding collapsing courses into one section.
We are asking that you RE-SUBMIT any section collapse requests that you need for Summer Session 1, Summer Session 2, and Fall Semester.
- ****Please submit the requests at http://www.ecu.edu/blackboard/option1.htm . So, if you have already submitted section to be collapsed use the link we just gave you to simply send us the sections you want RE-COLLAPSED.****
- Summer Session 1 requests will be processed first; then we will follow with Summer Session 2, and Fall.
- We are asking you to re-submit in order to verify that your information is correct and up to date. ****All of your content is still there; we just need to re-associate sections based on your request.
Lastly, the Turning Point building block used with clickers is not fully working yet. We are working with Turning Point and Blackboard on the fix. Once it is fixed, we will notify you. FIXED
- We will provide updates on the issue on the IT Help Desk page, http://www.help.ecu.edu , and on our Blackboard blog: http://blog.ecu.edu/sites/blackboard/blog/2011/05/16/blackboard-issues/
- We will update campus via email once all the issues are resolved. If you have questions please feel free to contact the IT Help Desk. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issues.
May 16-20, 2011
Hello Everyone –
The Blackboard team is aware of and working on some problems some of you might have experienced this week. Here is a quick list of what we know is going on.
- Collapsed sections have been uncollapsed. NEARLY FIXED, still doing QA. See above link to re-submit a course collapse request if you have not done so already.
Courses made available are no longer available.FIXED Button feature for menu items not working w/drag & dropFIXED
- When posting an Announcement, the send to email feature is not present.
Turning Point clicker building block is not working. FIXED
ECU has tier 1 support and Blackboard is working on all issues and bugs right now.
We will update this page with any information we receive on these issue and will send an email with important news. Matt Long email@example.com, Cindy Bowers firstname.lastname@example.org
May 23-27, 2011
Test & SafeAssign – to create a Test or SafeAssign, normally the tools are under “Create Assessment” but are now located under “Create Interactive” — we are working on a fix! FIXED
- Students are not able to post to the discussion board. We think this is a browser issue; we are working on a fix.