Hello ECU Faculty, Staff and Students -
You have be forwarded to this page because Blackboard is currently offline. Blackboard is currently unavailable for a planned downtime that started on 12/20 at 8am and will run through 12/22 5pm.
12/20 – 8:05am – Blackboard is now offline
12/21 – 11:50am – Q/A testing .
- When is the downtime? The planned downtime is from 8am on 12/20 through 5pm on 12/22.
- Who does the downtime affect? Everyone. Nobody will be able to login to Blackboard during this planned maintenance window.
- Where can I ask a question about the downtime? Here. We encourage you to ask questions about the downtime in the comments section. We will reply back in that area.
- I’m a student. Will Blackboard look and work the same as it did before the upgrade? Yes
- I’m a faculty member. Will Blackboard look and work the same as it did before the upgrade? Yes. But… you will notice some nice enhancements to the following features.
****Here’s a Blog Post with all of the details on the three new feature enhancements.****
- Announcements – You can now send your announcements out as emails Video Tutorial
- Exams – You now have a feature that will auto save all answers on an exam after a give amount of time. E.G. All test questions are auto saved after 5 minutes and the test closes out. Video Tutorial
- Rubrics – Rubrics are not viewable for the student and are directly embedded into the gradebook from the faculty point of view. Anything that can be graded can be assigned a rubric. Rubrics can be shared and copied in Bb as well. Video Tutorial