Blackboard downtime on Sunday morning
When: Sunday, Nov 18 / 7:00am-11:00am
Description: Blackboard will be unavailable from 7:00am-11:00am on Sunday morning while we update the system during our normal maintenance window.
Please call 252-328-9866 if you have any questions.
In anticipation of Spring 2013, you may want to copy your Fall course content into your Spring course shell. Or you might want a course merge (also known as collapse). Go to our Course Copy-Section Merge web page to learn how to copy content yourself, merge multiple sections, or submit a request. For instructions, you can watch a mini-video or view a PDF – your choice. It’s quite easy to do your own course copy from one semester to the next and you decide what should be copied.
Things to remember about course copy and course merge:
- By doing your own course copy, you decide what should be copied. The actual process of you going through through the steps takes 1-2 minutes at the most.
- When you do your own course copy, remember that depending on the amount of content in your course or the Bb “traffic” (1-2 weeks before the semester when many instructors are doing the course copy process at the same time, your content might take longer to show up. Normally it is 15 minutes or less. It is important that you do not get impatient and repeat the process, or your content will duplicate and you’ll have lots of cleanup to do. Watch for a COURSE COPY RECEIPT in your email inbox after you click Submit. Do not panic if it is not instant; the content will show up.
- If you want a section merge AND course copy, which comes first? The section merge, then do your course copy.
- If you do a section merge of two sections (e.g., 001 and 601), your student enrollments for each section will merge into your “parent” section.
Questions? Matt Long email@example.com, 328-9074 OR Cindy Bowers firstname.lastname@example.org, 328-9167
Subject: Internet outage on Sunday morning
When: Sunday, November 4th, 7:00am-11:00am
There will be a short internet outage for ECU on Sunday morning, November 4th, while we upgrade the network firewalls during our normal maintenance window. The outage will last about 30 minutes, and will occur sometime between 7:00am and 11:00am.
During the outage ECU users will be affected in the following ways:
- On-campus users will not be able to access the internet (but will be able to access ECU’s network and ECU resources like Onestop, Blackboard and the ECU website) during the outage.
- Off-campus users will not be able to access ECU’s resources such as Onestop, Blackboard or ECU’s website during the outage. VPN access will allow users to connect to ECU resources (but not connect back out to the internet).
To check the authenticity of this e-mail:
Visit www.ecu.edu, and click on the “Help Desk” link under the “MyLinks” section on the right-hand side. This will take you to the ECU IT Help Desk page where you can review our “Announcements” section.
If you experience any difficulties in relation to this announcement or have any questions, please contact the ECU IT Help Desk by phone at 252-328-9866 or via the Web at www.help.ecu.edu.
ITCS Notifications: www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/allnotices.cfm
Computing Systems Maintenance Schedule
Please keep in mind that regular maintenance on all computing systems is performed on Sundays between the hours of 5:00 am – 12:00 pm. If there are other times that systems will be down, notification will be sent through ITCS Notifications.