Top FAQ’s for Students Spring 2017
Blackboard FAQ’s for Students
- When will my course show up? I do not see my course (or courses).
- It is up to the instructor when to make the course available. Some instructors make the courses available early and some wait until the first day of the semester.
- If the instructor has sent an email stating the course is available, and it is still not showing, please contact the instructor. Some instructors make the courses available early and some wait until the first day of the semester.
- How do I log into Blackboard? I get a message that my username or password is incorrect.
- Please submit a help ticket asking for assistance, and include your Banner number and your username.
- Will you please remove my Blackboard courses from last semester?
- It is up to the instructor to make the past course unavailable; however, until that is done, students can hide past courses.
- To hide past courses, click the little gear icon on your My Courses box on your landing page. This will take you to the Personalize: My Courses page. Uncheck the box in the Course Name column that you do not want to display in your list of courses. Click submit.
- I dropped and/or added a course. When will I see the change on My Blackboard?
- Within 24 hours (except for the weekend), you should see the change, after Banner and Blackboard files are updated.
- I am supposed to use Respondus LockDown Browser to take a quiz. What is the link to download LDB on my computer? Please see the “Blackboard Support” tab once you are logged in to Blackboard – you’ll find the link there. Please do a fresh install at the beginning of each semester. If you have any problems, please submit a help ticket.
- Can you reset my Blackboard quiz? I lost my internet connection or Blackboard disconnected me.
- No, we do not reset quizzes for students. Please contact your instructor about your quiz attempt.
See our Blackboard Blog page for Students.
For any technology-related questions, please submit a help ticket or call the Help Desk @ 328-9866.
Blackboard Support Team