Update 10/5/16: Building block is NOW working.
Blackboard’s building block for Lynda.com is not working as expected.
The issue: Faculty are unable to embed a new Lynda.com course into a Blackboard course. Note: If you had pre-existing Lynda.com course links in your previous Bb courses, your links should still work. Lynda.com engineers are working toward a resolution.
The Work-Around: As a work-around, please follow the instructions:
- Log into ECU’s Lynda.com here with your Pirate ID and password.
- Search for Lynda.com content to find the Lynda course you’d like in your Bb course. Click the Lynda course name.
- Once you decide on a course, click Share and then Copy, which will give you the URL to paste in your Bb course. Please see screenshot below.
- Return to your Blackboard course and go into the content area of your choice.
- Choose Build Content, then Add Web Link (screenshot below).
- Type a name for your Web Link (e.g., Lynda.com course)
- Paste, which will add the URL you got from Lynda.com. (Windows users > Ctrl+V = paste. Mac users > Command-V = paste.)
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to ECU’s Lynda.com support team.