How to Use the New Box Inline Grading in the Blackboard Assignment Tool
Blackboard’s Inline Grading in the Assignment tool is now Powered by Box (starting Spring 2018 semester). The new Box View offers several improvements over Crocodoc, including improved rendering fidelity, expanded support for new file types including video and images and printing functionality.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of Crocodocs vs the new Box view:
As you can see the two are very similar. You may not notice any changes to your inline grading workflow.
In the picture below, you will notice three icons. Comment, Print, Download.
Using the Comment tools
There are 2 simple ways of making a comment in a document.
Highlight Text and Comment
1) Drag your cursor over the text you would like to highlight.
2) Press the Highlight icon to highlight the text. If you wish to add a comment, click the Comment icon. Add your comment and click the Post button.
When the student reviews the highlighted text, any cursor hover or click will reveal the comment.
1) Click the Comment icon in the top right corner of the Box view (shown below).
2) When prompted click a spot on the page where you want your comment to appear.
3) Add your comment and click the Post button.
When the student reviews the document, they will see the blue comment icon to click on to view the comment.
More information about BOX.
- 100 File Types Supported [View the List of Files]
- Display of Videos and Images
- Blackboard Crocodoc and New Box View Annotation Use Cases