Blackboard Planned downtime 5/8 8am – 5/11 5pm
Blackboard Planned Downtime for an upgrade
During this downtime Blackboard will not be accessible.
If you are a BSOM (Brody School of Medicine) staff, faculty or student please go to the alternative server we have setup for you. If you are not aware of this server please email email@example.com
If you are not a BSOM staff, faculty or student Bb will not be available during this planned downtime.
Blackboard will be unavailable from May 8, 8:00am-May 11, 5:00pm for upgrade.
Blackboard New Features & Enhancements Highlights
May 2018 Upgrade New Features
- Blackboard Ally – Ally provides instructors with an accessibility score for their content and suggests ways for improvement. Both students and faculty have automatically generated alternative versions of uploaded files, such accessible HTML,digital braille, and audio formats. Support
- Blackboard Collaborate – Improve collaboration among students by adding real time face to face conferencing functionality. Support
- Delete Multiple Gradebook Columns – Instructors can now more easily clean up their grade books by deleting multiple columns at once. Grade Center / Manage / Column Organization (option appears at the bottom of the page ) Support
- Chemistry Notation Support – The math editor found in the Content Editor has been updated to a newer version of WIRIS. This version adds tools specific to chemistry including an embedded periodic table of elements. Support
- Discussion Board ” replies to me ” –Keeping up with large Discussion Board forums is easier by giving participants a count and filter to just look at new replies from others to posts made the participant. Support
- Additional Drag and Drop locations – The ability to drag and drop has now been added to the Blog, Journal and portfolio areas. If the browser allows you can also drag a folder of files and the files will upload to Blackboard. Support
- Submission Receipt enhancements for Students – Students now receive a notification email when an Assignment is submitted with submission information. Students can access submission receipts in the My Grades page. Support
ECU | Information Technology & Computing Services (ITCS)