Instructor New Features Summer 2015 Upgrade
- Student View – As an instructor, you want to be confident that your course is well designed and functions as intended—before your students see it. Use student preview to review the course content and validate the course behaviors, such as those that control the availability of course content or require a particular interaction from the student to be triggered.
- Safe Assignments – SafeAssign is now integrated into regular Blackboard Learn assignments. With the integration between SafeAssign and regular assignments, almost all of the regular assignment features are available with the SafeAssign service.
- Course Calendar – You can use the course calendar to provide students with dates for course-related events. Course calendar events appear to all members of the course. Common entries include the following items: Meetings, Office Hours, Exams, Course items with due dates.
- Anonymous Grading – Whenever you want to add another layer of fairness and impartiality to your grading, you can use the anonymous grading feature. Without knowing who submitted an assignment, you are not unduly influenced by a student’s previous performance, class participation, conflicts, race, gender, or perceived student aptitude. This practice can also contribute to the student-instructor relationship because students are assured that grading was unbiased.
- Delegated Grading – Using grades and feedback from more than one grader helps to promote reliability and remove bias. For large classes, you can divide up the grading tasks among TAs and other graders. Roles with default grading privileges include instructor, teaching assistant, and grader.The users who help you grade are called delegated graders and they provide provisional grades. Delegated graders follow the same grading steps that you do, however, the group of assignment attempts that they see are based on the options you choose. After all delegated graders provide grades and feedback, one or more instructors review the grading to determine a final grade or reconcile it.
- Content Editor – The Content Editor spell check option is now ON by default.
- Significant Digits – Calculated Formula questions present students with a question that requires them to make a calculation and respond with a numeric answer. The numbers in the question change with each user and are pulled from a range that you set. The correct answer is a specific value or a range of values. You may grant partial credit for answers falling within a range. Calculated Formula questions are graded automatically.
- Portfolio – (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before you start using this new tool ) Portfolios are an invaluable tool in academic and professional development. They provide a powerful medium for users to efficiently collect and organize artifacts representative of work completed over time.