During December 20-22, Blackboard will be unavailable for a service pack update. The update is primarily a necessary maintenance update. However, there will be a few new features starting with your Spring courses.
- First, the much-anticipated and popular notifications setting where announcements are sent to email will be enabled. You’ll see a check box that you can click if you want your announcements sent to email.
- Secondly, you will have the option to have students’ exams auto-submitted once the time limit has been reached. Again, this is an optional setting. You can allow students to submit their exam after the time limit has expired OR choose the setting where Blackboard will automatically submit their attempt once the time is up.
- Thirdly, the rubrics tool has been enhanced so you will be able to grade from the rubric and if you wish (according to your settings), your students will see the rubric. The rubric builder is user-friendly and easy to attach to a gradable item. Another nice feature is you can copy a rubric, rename it, and use it for another assignment. Do you have a project where two rubrics could be used (e.g., technical skills on a project and writing skills)? By using the Rubrics tool, you can assign a primary rubric to one project, where you can enter grades from that rubric, plus have a secondary rubric where students know what is expected of them.
- Increased officially supported browsers —> Browser list
Announcements to Email: In the Spring of 2012 you will be able to send any announcement as an email. See the screenshot below and also take a moment to review the short video tutorial to learn more about this new (comeback) feature.
Exam Auto Submit: Blackboard is now able to auto submit exam questions after a determined amount of time. Students will be warned 1 minute and 30 seconds before Black board will auto submit. Once the time is up, the exam is auto saved and the students’ access is lost.
Rubrics: The rubric builder is user-friendly and easy to attach to a gradable item. Another nice feature is you can copy a rubric, rename it, and use it for another assignment.
Blackboard is currently down for some system maintenance. The system should be up and running by 530pm today. Updates to the status of Blackboard will be posted on the IT Help Desk webpage, www.help.ecu.edu
If you have any questions at all please contact email@example.com / 252-328-9074.
- ECU Blackboard Team
- 12/20 – Bb is now up and working normally. Thanks to all that were involved in the upgrade.
- 12/19 2:26pm – FALL 09 Student Grades - If you want to check your final grades for Fall 2009 just login to Onestop . All grades were required to be entered into Onestop today, by noon. Onestop is always going to be where you want to go to check your final grade in any course
- 12/19 11:07pm – NR in Onestop. I would contact your instructor and also the registrars office about this on Monday. Click HERE to go to the Registrars Office main page. The number is at the bottom of the page.
Hello ECU Faculty, Staff and Students -
If you attempted to access Blackboard at ECU you ended up here because we are in the middle of a planned downtime to upgrade Blackboard. The downtime window is from 12/19 1pm through 12/22 1pm. If we finish the upgrade a little early my team will send an email out to all ECU faculty letting them know that Blackboard is again available to use.
New Feature Information:
Students - Nothing changes for you regarding the user interface.
Faculty - The Gradebook area is the only change for you all. This area is now named the “Gradebook Center”. CLICK HERE to review the new features and review some tutorials on the new features.
Once we complete the upgrade all Spring 2010 enrollments will be added. if you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hello ECU Faculty and Staff -
Blackboard will be down from 12/19 1pm – 12/22/09 1pm for an upgrade of the gradebook area (now called the gradebook center). Once the upgrade is complete the only “new” area in your Blackboard sites will be the gradebook area. All of the content and the settings will be exactly the same as they were pre-upgrade on the 19th.
Academic Outreach will be offering many training opportunities on the new features as we get closer to the Spring 2010 semester. If you want you can view a session we recorded last week. This 47 minute video covers all of the new features in the gradebook area. Remember, only the gradebook area has changed, nothing else. Click HERE to view the video. Be on the lookout for emails about those training sessions as the semester gets closer. Happy Holidays.
- Blackboard will go down on 12/19 at 1pm
- Blackboard will come back up at 12/22 at 1pm with the new functionality in the gradebook
- All content and settings will be intact just as you saw them before the downtime
- During the downtime you will see a splash page with information about the downtime
- Questions? Call me at 252-328-9074 or email me at email@example.com
Hello All –
We will be purging ALL Spring 2007 Blackboard sites on November 9th. If you want to save any of your Spring 07 course sites you have three options.
1 – Archive the course – http://vimeo.com/7184025
2 – Export the course – http://vimeo.com/7184025
3 – Request that the course be saved from the purge all together. http://bit.ly/1Gp3yz
Options #1 and #2 will allow you to save the course offline BUT the course will still be purged on the 9th.
All of the details about this purge can be found here. http://bit.ly/34lNs3
If you have any questions please email Matt Long at firstname.lastname@example.org