This blog post is for members of the Blackboard Service Pack 13 Pilot Group for Spring 2014.
In anticipation of your Spring ’14 course(s) having a home on the SP13 pilot server, you may be wondering how you will notify your students of their course site(s). We have a couple of choices for you, which are quick and easy!
- Create a permanent announcement in your course shell on the regular production server (https://blackboard.ecu.edu/). Write a sentence or two explaining that students need to click a link to the pilot server (https://bbpilot.ecu.edu/) for the entire semester. Make this course available!
- Send an email to your students, explaining that they need to click a link to “go here” (https://bbpilot.ecu.edu/) for the entire semester.
- Or, do both … it won’t take long for your students to get in the groove of SP13.
Reminder: Make your course available on the SP13 pilot server – when you want students to enter your course site. How? Control Panel > Customization > Properties > Course Availability > Click Yes > Submit.
We have created a Resource List for the SP13 Pilot. Many of the new features and tools are listed. You will find tutorials in either PDFs, quick videos, or Blackboard’s On-Demand web pages. We will add more tutorials to this blog post, so check back often.
Take a look at Allen’s Faculty Intro/Overview Video (6 min)
What’s new for SP13:
- New content editor
- Global navigation
- Updated discussion board tool
- New course calendar
- Updates to the Assignment tool with Inline Grading
- Grading Rubric Updates
- Group Management
- Date Management
- Social Learning Tools and Comparison of Web 2.0 Tools in Blackboard
- Updates to the assessment engine
- Item Analysis (see statistics on overall test performance, effectiveness of test questions)
- Monitoring student performance
- Retention Center
- Performance Dashboard
- Student and Course Activity Reports
Take a look at Allen’s Student Intro/Overview Video (3 min)
FOR ALL USERS
What’s New in Blackboard Learn? – Short Video and Slides
Blackboard On Demand Learning Center – Bookmark this page