After our upgrade last week, we have some known issues. Troubleshooting and finding a solution to these issues is priority.
- Copy & paste function in a text box in Blackboard does not work when pasting from a web page using Firefox as the browser. Please try Google Chrome. Copy & paste from a Word doc works. (see below for details from Bb)
- Course drops are not currently dropping in Bb. We are working w/ the vendor on this issue right now. This is our top priority.
- “Last Visited” feature does not working correctly. Fix is coming out in June.
- Slow/sluggish when logging in and/or adding or accessing content. Clicking F5 to fix this.
COPY and PASTE problem info from Bb.
In Firefox, Cannot Paste text into Content Editor that was Copied from Firefox
Date Published: Apr 30,2014 Category:Product:Browsers; Planned First Fix Release:Blackboard Learn April 2014 Release; Version:9.1 SP13 (9.1.130093.0),9.1 SP14 (9.1.140152.0) Article No.: 000037400
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack: 9.1 SP13 (9.1.130093.0), 9.1 SP14 (9.1.140152.0)
Issue Description: Users are unable to copy and paste content from Firefox to the Content Editor.
Steps to Replicate:
- Open Firefox with two tabs
- In one tab, go to any website
- In the other tab, access Learn as an administrator
- Within Blackboard, access any course
- Enter announcements tool and create an announcement
- From the other tab, copy any text from the website
- Go back to the Learn tab and attempt to paste the content into the Content Editor within Blackboard (using ctrl+V)
The text is pasted into the Content Editor.
Nothing is pasted.
- Paste the text into another program, like a text editor, then copy it again from that program and paste it into the Content Editor. Alternatively, another browser can be used.
- Make changes to the advanced configuration in Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Go to about:config
- Type in “dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled”
- Double click the search result item to toggle value from “true” to “false”
Target Release: Blackboard Learn April 2014 Release
Patch Available: No
Please let one of us know if you have any questions. The Blackboard Support Team…
Step #1. Click the “Section Merge” tab at the top of your page once logged into Blackboard.
Step #2: Click “Setup New Merged Course.”
Step #3: Select the courses you wish to merge into a single course by checking the box that appears on the left hand side of the row for a given course. You can select more than one course in this step. After you have made your selections, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page to move to the next step in this workflow. The “Cancel” button will abort the process and return you to the previous page without saving any changes.
Step #4: Select an existing course to act as the “Parent Course” for your previously selected Source Course(s). Only one course that is not already defined as a Source Course can be chosen in this step. Once you have identified a course that will act as the “Parent Course,” click the radio button that appears on the left-hand side of the row for the appropriate course, and click the “Submit” button that appears at the bottom of the page. This step will complete the process of creating a Merged Course.
Step #5: Go to your newly merged course and be sure to update the course title. Go to Control Panel / Customization / Properties / Course Title. Example: revise title from 001 to 001/002.
NOTE: If you want to UNMERGE the sections, do the following.
- Click the Section Merge tab.
- Find the course in question and click MODIFY. (Do NOT click Remove!! You will permanently delete your course.)
- Choose the Disassociate button for each section.
- 5/12 – 3:36pm – on schedule.
Hello ECU Faculty, Staff and Students -
You have been redirected to this page because ECU’s Blackboard system is currently down for a minor feature refresh upgrade. The planned downtime window is from 5/12 – 5/16. During this downtime anyone who attempts to access https://blackboard.ecu.edu will be re directed to this blog post. That is why you are here. :-)
During this planned downtime, we will be upgrading the Bb platform and then testing all Bb tools and building blocks to ensure that they are working as expected.
To learn about the new features that you will see after the upgrade is complete please visit this blog post.
If you have any questions at all regarding the downtime feel free to email email@example.com . If you have any general Bb questions or other questions I would encourage you to enter a helpdesk ticket at https://ecu.edu/9866
- We understand that upgrades are stressful. We will do our absolute best to have Bb running as quickly as possible once the upgrade is complete.
- If you would like to discuss the upgrade or ask questions you can do by enrolling in the Yammer Blackboard 9 public group space. You can ask questions and add comments regarding the upgrade there.
- Blackboard downtime for this upgrade will start on 5/12 around 8am. Bb could be down thru 5/16.
- New Service Pack 9 features are HERE.
- Questions or concerns about the upgrade? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bb Support Team
V I D E O S from the Blackboard Team on some of the new features in Bb as of May 2014:
Mini videos from Allen on some of our favorite new features and tools after our May ’14 upgrade:
Consider adding a link to an announcement in your course for students who may benefit from learning how to set up their Blackboard profile. Take a look at Allen’s Student Intro/Overview Video (3 min).
Check out Blackboard’s YouTube Channel for their short videos on the tools and features in Blackboard.
March 4, 2014
Hello Everyone -
We are hard at work getting ready for the May 12th 2014 upgrade to Bb SP15. The core features are still going to be in the same place and work the same way so no need to stress. The new features that will be in place are meant to enhance how you use Bb. We are excited about this upgrade and plan to make this as painless as possible. Take a look at some of the new features you will see after the May upgrade.
Upgrade downtime: 5/12 – 5/16
New Features for May 2014
SP 12 & 13 Help Page
N E W V I D E O S from the Blackboard Team:
(Our upgrade to Service Pack 15 includes feature updates/patches/bug fixes from service packs 10-15; do not let the SP numbers confuse you.)
SP 10 & 11 Help Page
SP 12 & 13 Help Page
Take a look at Allen’s Student Intro/Overview Video (3 min)
FOR ALL USERS
What’s New in Blackboard Learn? - Short Video and Slides
Blackboard On Demand Learning
We are going to be offering training sessions on the new features. The sessions on the training calendar (“Blackboard New Features”) are March 18th, April 2nd, and April 30th. To sign up for one of these session please to go http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/cornerstone/ . Then, do the following
- Sign into CORNERSTONE
- Click on the Learning tab at the top and choose Events Calendar
- Find the Bb New Features training by date (dates listed above)
- Click on the Request button (Cornerstone lingo for “enroll”)
***Another option is to simply type Blackboard in the search button (top right) and find the appropriate session.***
- What should I do to prep for the May 2014 upgrade ? Nothing unique. Set your course up as you normally would. All course content will migrate over during the upgrade process. Once the upgrade is complete, the new features will be available for you to use.
- Should I build/develop my site before the upgrade or wait? DON’T WAIT. Again, build your site in Blackboard like you normally would.
- What is the exact date of the May 2014 upgrade/downtime? May 12th. (Spring semester grades will be submitted by that date.) Bb will be down 2-3 days.
- What do I need to do to prepare for the upgrade? We suggest that you attend a group training, or at the very least review some of our web resources. (See information above about the training dates in Cornerstone.
- Will you be offering a demo or training within my unit on the new SP15 features? Yes. Please coordinate this training through your unit ITC.
- Who do I contact if I have any questions about the upgrade? Send a note to either Matt, Cindy, or Allen: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com