Instructors: Prepping for Summer 2016
The 6 Most Commonly Asked Questions from Instructors > Pre-Semester
- How do I make my course available to students?
- Control Panel > Customization > Properties > Set Availability > Yes
- How do I log into Blackboard? I get a message that my username or password is incorrect.
- Please submit a help ticket asking for assistance, and include your Banner number and your username.
- How do I copy my course from one semester to the next? Go here.
- How do I merge (or collapse) two or more course sections? Go here.
- How do I add another instructor or a TA to the course?
- Control Panel > Users and Groups > User > Find User to Enroll > Browse (type username only in the box), click Go > when you see the username, click the box and then Submit.
- If that does not work, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the username and role (TA or instructor). The Blackboard team will add your TA or instructor.
- How do I add Tegrity to my Blackboard course?
- Visit https://ithelp.ecu.edu/ and log in. On the right side, under Online Forms, you will find Tegrity Course Request.
- New!! (1/16/16):
- If you notice the SafeAssign green-check icon is missing in your 2016 courses, there is nothing wrong. SafeAssign is a submission option when creating an actual assignment, and after our last building block update the green icon is a thing of the past. The assignment icon is the same for a SafeAssignment and regular Assignment.
- Drops & Adds – How does that work? We update the Blackboard feeds frequently at the beginning of the semester, syncing data with Banner. The drops and adds are updated from Banner – you do not need to remove or add students.
For any technology-related questions, please submit a help ticket or call the Help Desk @ 328-9866.
To search for Blackboard training sessions, please log into ECU’s Cornerstone Portal for training. If you do not see what you need, please contact one of us for a desk-side or small group departmental training session.
Blackboard Support Team