We want to get the word out on some of the training sessions we have available, so we’re offering a “Taste of Technology” hour-long session consisting of three 15-minute summaries of tools and features and 15 minutes of Q&A. We will come to your department or college for a small or large group session! You choose which three topics you want covered, e.g. Blackboard topics, web conferencing, lecture capture, clickers, test creation solutions/integrations with Blackboard.
Please see the Taste of Technology Flyer PDF!
Hello ECU Faculty –
I hope you all had a fantastic winter break. I know I did (besides the ice storm in Boone,NC and no power for 2 days but that’s another story).
Below you will see a checklist of sorts for the beginning of the semester. Please review and email me if you have any questions. Welcome back !
- Make your course available – Be sure to do this. If you don’t your students will not see your Spring 2010 Bb site. Here is how. Control panel / Click Settings / Click Course Availability / Toggle to YES / Click Submit. You will need to do this for each of your Spring 2010 sites
- Enrollments – We will be updating Bb with enrollments multiple times each day through the drop add period.
- Course Content – If you still need the Blackboard Team to rollover content or collapse sections you can request that process here. http://ecu.edu/blackboard
- Fall 2009 Sites – I will make all of these unavailable this weekend.
- Problems – If you have any questions regarding Blackboard you can contact your Instructional Technology Consultant for local support or contact my team for phone or email support. (Matt Long – firstname.lastname@example.org / 252-328-9074 or Matt Powell – email@example.com / 252-7371264) More on this topic in a moment.
- Training – I will be announcing training over the weekend. We plan to do group training in Austin 309 and Centra training throughout the semester. If you are interested in my visiting your unit for training please email me and we will schedule a date and time.
- Bugs – If you notice any odd behaviors in Bb please report them to me. I’m working closely with systems to review these “bugs” and search for a fix with Blackboard.
- A huge thanks !! – James Cook was provided a career opportunity that he could not pass up near the end of 2009. I’m sad to report that he no longer works at ECU. He will be missed and his contributions will not soon be forgotten. If you would like to say “thanks” do so in the comments area of this blog post. His position will be filled in the coming weeks. I will keep you all posted on this subject.
Well, I guess that’s about it. I will be updating this blog site weekly with any news that I think will be helpful in your use of Blackboard. I will do my best to limit the amount of emails I send out. But, you will be getting a good amount as we launch into the Spring 2010 semester. Thanks so much and welcome back !
Hello ECU Blackboard Faculty –
I will be holding 4 demonstrations of the new Blackboard gradebook (now called the Gradebook Center) on 01/07/2010 in Bate 1032. To sign up please login to Onestop and search for “Overview of the New Gradebook Center – Bate 1032 on 1/7/2010“.
Here are the times of the 4 demos.
Here are some features that will be covered.
- Freeze panel option
- Auto dropping of grades
- Gradebook History Feature
- Emailing your students directly from your gradebook
- Gradebook Views – Creating “views” for each section if you collapse multiple sections into one Bb course
- New ways to weight the gradebook
I encourage you to bring your colleages and any support staff within your unit. We will be holding more in-depth training thoughout the Spring 2010 semester so this will not be the last time to see this demonstration.