We will be upgrading the site to WordPress 3.1 soon. One of the most noticeable changes will be an additional toolbar across the top of your screen when you log in. This new toolbar has buttons for most of the common tasks you’ll perform, such as adding a new page or post, as well as switching to another site’s dashboard. The normal dashboard items are still there to do these things, but now they’re in a more convenient location as well.
The Twitter Tools plugin has been updated over the weekend, and you will need to visit the Twitter Tools settings page to update your information. You’ll be reminded of this as soon as you visit your dashboard.
The Google Analytics plugin has been added to ECU Blogs, so you can track visitors to your blog using your Anayltics account. Configure this option under Settings in your dashboard
Here’s how to embed a video into a blog post:
- In the WordPress dashboard, click Posts on the left-hand menu
- Under Posts, select Add New
- Add the text of your post as you normally would.
- Move the text cursor to the location you’d like your text to appear. Click the “TV icon” in the toolbar (far right corner) to bring up the add video window.
- On the upload video tab, browse on your computer for the video, and click the Upload button. This will copy the file from your computer into WordPress. You will be taken to the Local Video tab automatically, where you can select your newly uploaded video.
- Select your video and click Insert to add to your post
Here’s a video tutorial of how to embed a Powerpoint presentation into a blogpost, using SlideShare.net.