Welcome to the 3rd edition of our Club sports Blog. We have a busy week ahead of us and several results from previous week’s competition. Hope you enjoy!
1- We have started our surprise visits to practice to do roster checks- all members need to have some form of Identification with them. IF someone is practicing or playing and not on the current roster list, you will be subject to a fine.
2- Effective for the Fall 2011 Semester- Each Club will need to have a faculty/staff advisor. This person is someone other than Gray. Ideally, an advisor would have an interest in helping with home games and practice, have a general interest in the club, help with budget development and be someone to confide in if you had a problem with our staff, etc.
3- We want Results! Make sure to email Brent after home games and to fill out the results form in your van packet for away matches.
4- Don’t forget to donate via PayPal by visiting our website!
5- Congratulations to the Women’s Club Softball team who swept the Tarheels this past Sunday!
Upcoming Events- from the Crow’s Nest
On the Horizon: March 5th & 6th
- Baseball (D-II Team) at Guy Smith-Prep Field*Saturday @ 12:00/3:00 vs. Maryland
- Men’s Rugby at North Rec Complex*Saturday @ 1:00 vs. UNC-Wilmington
- Baseball (D-I Team) at Guy Smith Stadium*Saturday @ 5:00/7:00 vs. Maryland/Penn State
- Baseball (D-I Team) at Guy Smith Stadium*Sunday @ 2:00/4:00 vs. Maryland/Penn State
- Men’s Lacrosse at North Rec Complex*Sunday @ 1:00 vs. Florida St.
Further Out: March 19th & 20th
- Baseball (D-I Team) at Guy Smith Stadium*Saturday @ 5:00/8:00 vs. UVA
- Men’s Lacrosse at North Rec Complex*Saturday @ 1:00 vs. UNC-Charlotte
- Women’s Rugby at North Rec Complex*Saturday @ 1:00 vs. JMU
- Baseball (D-I Team) at Guy Smith Stadium*Sunday @ 12:00 vs. UVA
Notes From Nance
Ready, Set, Go!!
If all the activity on the basketball courts, in the fitness areas, and throughout the SRC is any indication of what kind of year we are having, success in student involvement is in the air for 2010-2011.After our most successful year ever for post season play, the club sports program is starting the year with 39 active clubs. The Team Training Center has been active all summer with over 60 groups taking the “challenge,” and we are gearing up for the fall. Twenty three eager students have started the year in our new Wellness Living Learning Community in Jones Hall, group fitness classes are full to capacity, and intramural sports continue to hit record numbers. Also, construction on Phase II of the North Recreational Complex has begun and will be completed early spring 2011.All in all it is a great time to be in Campus Recreation and Wellness at ECU! Join us in person, online, on Facebook or Twitter for all the action.
- Nance J
It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it -