Time is Flying

What is time? We measure it with calendars, clocks, and watches but how do you measure it within yourself? Minutes, hours, days, and years are all made up of elements of time, but rarely do we stop to think about the concept itself. It’s like it was the first week of school in August and I blinked and woke up in November. If someone told me at the start of the semester how the rest of the semester was going to play out, and how many people I would get the opportunity to get to know and work with, I wouldn’t have believed you for a second. This past semester has flown by to say the least and I am coming up quickly on the last semester of my college career. Between registering for my last semester not too long ago, applying for graduation, and celebrating the last couple of fun monumental moments, such as Halloween, Homecoming, and the last few football games with my friends, it’s all bittersweet!

Classes are in the home stretch, meaning it’s that time in the semester where we’re in the calm before the storm. With final exams starting in about one month from now, it’s easy to get antsy anxious and flustered. Although I don’t have as much free time as I did as a freshman, sophomore, or even just last semester, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Being involved and busy gives me a sense of accomplishment. Although the constant theme of my weeks has seemed to be running around from task to task between school, studying, internship work and having a job, it’s always important to remind yourself to stop and enjoy the now.

A couple things I enjoy doing to relax from a busy schedule are doing yoga and pilates with my roommates, having a girls dinner night with some friends whether it’s going out to eat or staying at home and cooking, or something as simple as taking a bath and reading a good book, or going for a quick run. It’s an important time of the semester to remember to relax and keep your cool to stay focused on what’s important! After all I only have one more semester to enjoy being a college student before the real world :)

tacos
Baked Tacos for dinner with some friends!

Blog by: Haley Nowlin

Share