The Department of Mathematics, Science, and Instructional Technology Education is seeking applications and nominations for a nine-month, full-time, fixed-term faculty position in the College of Education, East Carolina University to begin August 12, 2015.
Job Description: Teaching Faculty in Elementary Mathematics Education.
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Application Due Date: June 29, 2015
Responsibilities of the position include: Teaching multiple sections of undergraduate elementary mathematics methods courses, developing ongoing partnerships with principals and teachers to coordinate field experiences, curriculum development and planning with other faculty, attending cross-curricular meetings in the elementary education program, assisting other faculty with recruitment and retention, and evaluation of mathematics degrees and concentration programs.
- Masters degree in Mathematics Education or Related Field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics education
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching and leadership in mathematics education
- North Carolina teaching license
Preference given to candidates with (optional):
- Three or more years experience teaching preK-6 mathematics
- Experience with designing and providing professional development in elementary mathematics teaching or in teaching mathematics/mathematics education courses for prospective elementary school teachers
- Active participation in NCCTM affiliates
- Program evaluation experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: Candidates must submit the following documents online at www.jobs.ecu.edu (1) a letter of application describing academic background, specific skills, and experiences relevant to the position, including professional development with teachers; and, (2) a current vita. Candidates also must submit a copy of all official transcripts and arrange to have three current letters of reference sent directly to: Dr. Katie Schwartz, MATE Search Chair, Department of Mathematics, Science, and Instructional Technology Education, College of Education, Flanagan 352, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858. Finalists will be asked to teach a class session of an elementary mathematics methods course and should be prepared to discuss their experiences and philosophy of teaching. Screening will begin June 29, 2015 and continue until position is filled. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Department Homepage: www.ecu.edu/cs-educ/msite/
ECU Statement: East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University that accommodates individuals with disabilities.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should contact the Department for Disability Support Services at (252) 737-1016 (Voice/TTY).
Proper documentation of identity and employability is required at the time of employment.