ECU’s accreditation cycle was extended by one year – from Spring 2014 to Spring 2015 – when our Transformation Initiative (TI) was approved. As a result, ECU was allowed to complete this accreditation visit under the old NCATE Standards, not the newly approved CAEP Standards. As a result, ECU is hosting an NCATE-Legacy Transformation Initiative accreditation visit.
The NCATE Unit Standards (2008) are:
- Standard 1: Candidate Knowledge, Skills, and Professional Dispositions
- Standard 2: Assessment System and Unit Evaluation
- Standard 3: Field Experiences and Clinical Practice
- Standard 4: Diversity
- Standard 5: Faculty Qualifications, Performance, and Development
- Standard 6: Unit Governance and Resources
More information about the NCATE Unit Standards (2008) and their indicators are available at http://www.ncate.org/.