Director of Community Relations and Outreach
College of Education
Applications must be submitted online at jobs.ecu.edu. In addition to the submission of a candidate profile, (a) letter of application describing specific skills and experiences relevant to the position, (b) current curriculum vitae, and (c) full contact information for at least three professional references must be submitted online.
The newly formed Office of Community Relations and Outreach within the College of Education at East Carolina University is currently seeking a dynamic individual to lead the office in the growth of programs and incentives that support the mission of the College of Education.
The mission of the College of Education is the preparation of professional educators and allied practitioners, including professionals in business information systems, counseling, electronic media, and librarianship. Significant to this mission is a strong commitment to three important related areas, all of which are realized through partnerships and other endeavors. These three areas are: the encouragement and nurturing of professional growth for educators and allied practitioners at all levels and in all areas of the educational endeavor; a continuing emphasis on and support for scholarship and research/creative activity; and service in all areas of professional education.
Responsibilities critical to this position include:
- keeping communities informed of and engaged in the college’s programs, activities, events, and important news
- coordinating with University Marketing and Publication the production of a series of videos and other marketing materials designed to enhance the visibility of the college’s impact on the community
- representing the college and the university before civic groups and legislative bodies in promoting the college’s agenda
- designing and implementing engagement activities targeting student recruitment and retention
- collaborating with Development Officer and others on college fundraising initiatives and creation of financial incentives in support of the college’s mission
- working in partnership with Professional Advisory Board, Educator’s Hall of Fame, departments and programs on initiatives related to outreach and public relations
- serving as invited or assigned on community nonprofit boards and committees representing the college and the university
- recommending and implementing ideas for continued engagement of retired faculty
- utilizing multiple data and information sources to connect with the current and potential teacher education students (MAT, Undergraduates)
- implementing varied communication and marketing activities to promote teacher education programs
Requires Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of relevant experience. Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. The successful candidate should have the following: experience in copy writing, journalism, editing, and strategic planning and coordination; ability to organize/manage multiple projects; collaborate/work with a team; and create/manage social networking accounts. Masters preferred. Coursework in marketing, journalism, or similar fields is desired. Prefer individual with experience/proven record of: designing outreach campaigns and initiatives; establishing partnerships within the community; and exceptional writing/editing skills. Prefer a self-starter with strong organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to and adapt to change; and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
ECU requires a candidate profile be submitted. Additionally, applicants must submit a cover letter, current resume/CV, and list of references with contact information. Official transcripts and 2-3 original letters of reference must be forwarded to: Adrienne Dunning, College of Education–ECU, 1000 E. 5th Street, Mailstop 504, Greenville, NC 27858-4353. Screening will begin on December 17, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled.
View this job posting at: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=80248
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.