Undergraduate Internship Application Procedures
- Complete the Application for Internship; the Application for Internship is available from their advisor or program area coordinator.
- Assignments will be located within the Latham Clinical Schools Network. The candidate prioritizes their top four choices based on a variety of factors: location, employment hopes, family, home etc. Candidates are not placed in schools in which they have attended, have relatives employed, have been employed, or have children enrolled.
- Internship placements outside the network are reserved for students enrolled in a virtual teacher education program only.
- The program area coordinator will attach verification of the candidate’s upper division admission date and cumulative, current GPA. In alignment with NC Program Approval Standards, students must be admitted to upper division and submit their Senior I application to the Office of Clinical Experiences by:
- No later than the end of the first summer session for Fall/Spring internships
- No later than the first day of classes of the Spring semester for Spring/Fall internships
- Candidates are assigned to systems based on: application deadlines, program area requests, travel time and distance for students, distribution to systems, system liaison and principal recommendations, and availability for clinical teachers in the licensure area.
- Candidates are not allowed to solicit their own placement; all placement requests must originate from the Office of Clinical Experiences.
- If a candidate has previously withdrawn or been involuntarily removed from an internship leading to licensure, the candidate must submit a request to the Office of Clinical Experiences for a new internship placement by completing a Petition for Exception form with the advisor/program area coordinator.