Through Collaborate, instructors can setup sessions which provide them with the following capabilities:
- Audibly communicate with others in a session
- Utilize live video streams of other user’s webcams
- Display and markup a whiteboard
- Display and markup Power Point presentations and digital photos
- Share your desktop to demonstrate software or to take your students on a tour of the web
- Communicate privately with students through text chat
Instructors can use Collaborate in a number of different ways:
- Live distance education class meetings
- Office hours
- Guest Lectures
- Online streamed recordings
- Student small group meetings
- International exchanges
- Hybrid courses
Click here for access to a printable quick reference guide regarding the Collaborate moderator interface.
Click here for access to a walk-through on creating and joining a Collaborate meeting.
Collaborate Plan 2.1
Collaborate Plan is a program that enables you to lay out your lessons ahead of time and save them as a single Collaborate Plan file. Plan files can then be loaded into your Collaborate session all at once.
Click here to download.