Beginning users attend the CommonSpot Beginning training class. This hands-on class covers the skills new users need to maintain a department’s website. Register for face-to-face training through Cornerstone Training Management System.
Users can also enter an IT service request for help with a specific problem or request a one-on-one consult for further training. Submit a request through the IT Help Desk online service request system or call 252.328.9866/1.800.340.7081 to speak with the Help Desk staff.
Introduction to CommonSpot Video
- Introduction To CommonSpot (video 7:33)
- NEW! Once you’ve completed the beginner class, check out the CommonSpot website which has step-by-step instructions for each CommonSpot element.
Register for the face-to-face training through Cornerstone Training Management System.
Beginner Training Class Review
- CommonSpot Beginner Manual (pdf)
- Exercise 1 – Create a New Page (video 01:26)
- Exercise 2 – Formatted Text Box (video 00:49)
- Exercise 3 – Insert an Image (video 00:56)
- Exercise 4 – Insert a Link (video 00:57)
- Exercise 5 – Page Report (video 01:54)
- Exercise 6 – Update Footer (video 00:22)
- Configure Firefox To Allow Copy/Paste (pdf)
- Create a Link within a Text Box (pdf)
- Simple Image Editing (pdf)
- Designing For The Web (pdf presentation)
- General Accessibility Handout (pdf)
- CommonSpot Accessibility Handout (pdf)
- CommonSpot Ninjas Presentation (pdf presentation)
- Structure Content Using Headings, Chunks and Paragraphs (video 01:40)