Beginning users can attend the CommonSpot Beginning training class. This hands-on class covers the skills new users will need to maintain a department’s website. Register for face-to-face training through the ECU Training Calendar.
Users can also enter an IT service request for help with a specific problem or request a one-on-one consult for further training. Submit a request through the IT Help Desk online service request system or call 252.328.9866/1.800.340.7081 to speak with the Help Desk staff.
Join the Yammer Group – http://yammer.ecu.edu
Join our group to connect with other CommonSpot users and get the latest announcements from the Web Team.
Introduction to Version, “Winter 2012″
- Introduction To CommonSpot (video 7:33)
Register for the face-to-face training at the ECU Training Calendar.
- CommonSpot Beginner Manual (pdf)
- Exercise 1 – Create a New Page (video 01:26)
- Exercise 2 – Formatted Text Box (video 00:49)
- Exercise 3 – Insert an Image (video 00:56)
- Exercise 4 – Insert a Link (video 00:57)
- Exercise 5 – Page Report (video 01:54)
- Exercise 6 – Update Footer (video 00:22)
- Configure Firefox To Allow Copy/Paste (pdf)
- Create a Link within a Text Box (pdf)
- Simple Image Editing (pdf)
- Designing For The Web (pdf presentation)
- General Accessibility Handout (pdf)
- CommonSpot Accessibility Handout (pdf)
Dress Up Your CommonSpot – Transition to the New Templates
Face-to-face seminar to help users transition to the new 2012 templates. This training was retired summer 2012, but you can always request a consult, if you need help.
- Link to 960 Template Gallery
- Link to 960 Image Gallery (free ECU images for departments)
- Dress Up Your CommonSpot (pdf presentation)
- CommonSpot Ninjas Presentation (pdf presentation)
- Structure Content Using Headings, Chunks and Paragraphs (video 01:40)