As an engineering student you face many challenges but as a female engineering student you face even more. The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is dedicated to helping you succeed.
Our goal is to raise the number of women graduating with engineering degrees from 18% to 30% by the year 2020. To help reach this goal, we offer assistance in many forms:
- Scholarships - More than $500,000 in scholarships each year
- Contacts – Great job and internship search resources
- Competitions - Sponsor fun contests
- Awards – Recognize outstanding achievements
- Community of Support – A strong network of women engineers from academia, government and industry, corporate representatives, and government officials
- Leadership Skills:
- Encourage and support the development of skills necessary to be effective leaders in a global marketplace
- Develop leadership experience in a non-threatening environment through leadership roles at the sectional, regional and national levels.
- Publish articles in SWE magazine
- Present technical papers at national and regional conferences
- Lead seminars and workshops at national and regional conferences
For more information visit: http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/
Karen De Urquidi
212 Slay Hall