Hurricane workshop set for May 28
The 5th Annual East Carolina University/North Carolina Emergency Management Hurricane Workshop will be held from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. May 28 at the Murphy Center, East Carolina University.
- Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 and Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014 Update: John Dorman, NCEM; Ken Ashe, NCEM
- Coastal Regional Evacuation & Sheltering: Director Sprayberry, NCEM; Kristin Skinner, New Hanover County
- Hurricane Hazel Anniversary Panel: John Cole, NWS
- Hurricane Forecasting Improvement Project: Jamie Rhome, National Hurricane Center
- Media and Disasters Panel: Nate Johnson, WRAL; Skip Waters, WCTI
- Building Local Resilience: Hazard Mitigation Plan Implementation in Coastal North Carolina: AnuradhaMukherji, East Carolina University
Lunch will be provided for registered attendees.To register visit http://terms.ncem.org.
For additional information or other questions, visit http://www.ecu.edu/hazards/ or contact Donna Kain at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration assistance, contact Chris Jackson at JACKSONCH@ECU.EDU; 252-328-5718