Increased campus activity, traffic
During the weekend of March 23-24, ECU will have more than a dozen events, programs and activities going on across our main campus, athletics complexes and parking lots. ECU will once again be the hub of major activity, and our campus will be on full display for thousands of current and prospective Pirates and their families as well as devoted Pirate fans cheering during the Purple and Gold activities.
Here are some of the major events taking place:
Friday, March 23
- Purple/Gold Pigskin Pigout at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
- Spring Family Weekend events in Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
- Multiple Athletics events including volleyball and softball
Saturday, March 24
- ECU Pirates Aboard – Admitted Students Day starting at 8 a.m.
- ECU Spring Football Game at 2:30 p.m.
- Spring Family Weekend festivities
- Multiple Athletics events including lacrosse and softball
The largest impacts to the campus community are expected to be on Saturday, March 24. With so many events going on at the same time and the current construction projects around the athletics complex and main campus, many of the roads around campus will see increased volumes of traffic. Additionally, many of our parking lots are expected to be full.
Motorists are encouraged to avoid the areas of campus that border Greenville Boulevard, Charles Boulevard, 14th Street, 10th Street, Fifth Street and Cotanche Street. Traffic will be more congested than normal and numerous buses will be utilized to shuttle campus visitors. Please drive defensively and allow extra time for your travels.
For additional information, please visit the following websites: