Co-directors will help you select up to seven hours from the following courses:
- AAAS 2000 (Study Abroad in Africa)
- HIST 3810 (History of Africa)
- HIST 3820 (History of South Africa)
- HIST 4531/4532/4533 (Directed Readings in History: 1, 2, 3 hours)
- HIST 5660 (Imperialism in Theory and Practice)
- MAST/HIST 6830 (Maritime Cultural Landscapes: Focusing on False Bay, South Africa)
- Syllabus Link hist-6830-summer-study-abroad-2017
- HIST 6992 (Maritime History and Archaeology of Cape Town, South Africa)
- Syllabus Link hist-6992-sa-history-and-archaeology-2017
- HIST 6993 (Heritage Tourism of South Africa: Shipwrecks, Sharks, Slave Lodges, and Shanty Towns)
- Syllabus Linkhist-6993-summer-study-abroad-2017
- Detailed syllabi on all courses will be sent to participants.
Ready to register? Start here: Tavern of the Seas, the Maritime and Urban Heritage of Pre- and Post-Apartheid Cape Town, South Africa. More general information can be found at ECU’s Pirate’s Abroad web site.