Frédéric Fladenmuller awarded Palmes Académiques
In recognition of his extraordinary contributions to French national education and culture, the French Ministry of Education has named Dr. Frédéric Fladenmuller a Knight (Chevalier) in the Ordre des Palmes académiques. The French Academic Palms recognize those who have rendered eminent service to French education and have contributed actively to the prestige of French culture. French citizens living abroad and foreign (non-French) nationals may receive this award for contributing significantly to furthering French intellectual, scientific, and artistic achievements in the world. Originally a decoration founded by Emperor Napoléon to honour eminent members of the University of Paris, it is an Order of Chivalry of France for distinguished academics and figures in the world of culture and education. In the United States, dossiers for nominations and promotions are typically prepared by the French Consulates and forwarded to and reviewed by the French Embassy before being transmitted to the Ministry of the French National Education in Paris, which prepares the final recommendation for decree of the Prime Minister.
Dr. Fladenmuller was an invited contributor to a special edition of Bulletin Marcel Proust celebrating the centennial of the publication of Swann’s Way, alongside the foremost international scholars in his field. In addition, he is at work on his 5th monograph, La textualité du genre. Étude sur la sexualité non-normative. His published works include:
· Proust ou l’écriture inversive. Du temps perdu au temps retrouvé. (Forthcoming from Peter Lang Publishers).
· La voix neutre du chaos: étude sur la complexité de textes modernes. Series: Currents in Comparative Romance Languages and Literatures, v. 179. Peter Lang Publishing. NY. 2010
· Télescopie. La science du genre d’ À la recherche du temps perdu, in Currents in Comparative Romance Languages and Literatures. Peter Lang Publishing, Inc. Vol. 106, 2002.
· A novel entitled Les Oiseaux de Pékin, Éditions les 5 Continents, Québec, 2001.
· Caractérisation et les modes de la narration dans le roman moderne. Théorie de caractérologie narratologique. In Reading Plus. Peter Lang Publishers, New York. 1994