Some users are having difficulty locating where they can go online to submit tuition payments. Use the following link to get information on how to access the cashiers office e-billing system
May 7, 2013
April 30, 2013
The ACE student computer support center can assist students with their computer issues. Students can take their computer to Rawl 108 or AHN building romm 3330 for assistance with getting connected to the network, and for assistance with installing anti-virus software and Microsoft Office on their computers. ACE can also troubleshoot computer issues for you and provide various levels of support depending on what type of computer you have. For more information go to www.ecu.edu/ace
February 4, 2013
During the first few weeks of of the spring semester, ECU will deactivate accounts of students who do not meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Are currently enrolled in classes for the spring 2013 semester
- Have been admitted for any future semesters
- Have an active incomplete
Individuals who are impacted will receive a notifications via email during the 2 weeks prior to the deactivation (these were sent out on Feb. 5th).
Students who are not currently enrolled but are doing thesis work, participating in a university internship, or are studying abroad may be eligible to keep their account active. To request this service, Students should have a sponsor (adviser, professor, instructor, etc.) complete a “student account reactivation” form, which is located on the upper left once you log in to the online request system (http://ithelp.ecu.edu)
The sponsor can contact the ECU IT Help Desk (252‑328‑9866, 1‑800‑340‑7081) if they have questions or need assistance.
All requests must be accompanied by the following information:
- Contact information (phone number and/or alternate email address)
- Reason for request (thesis, internship, studying abroad, etc.)
- Information pertinent to your request (course #, instructor contact, adviser, etc).
This information will help us to verify the request.
Former students who have graduated can request an Alumni e-mail address at http://PirateID.ecu.edu/Alumni.
If you need additional information please contact ECU IT Help Desk.
November 11, 2012
Incoming ECU students can find out all they need to know about free Microsoft software, free anti-virus software, computer requirements for some academic majors, internet access in the dorms, where to get help and how to log-in to ECU systems by visiting our getting started page: http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/welcome/NewStudentResources.cfm
October 2, 2012
Download free Microsoft software at this link: http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/officeDistribution/index.cfm
Students will be required to login using a valid ECU PirateID and Passphrase
Download free Symantec Anti-Virus software at this link: http://download.ecu.edu
Students will be required to login using a valid ECU PirateID and Passphrase, and then complete a software request form.
February 28, 2012
If you are experiencing an issue logging into your student email account through https://mymail.ecu.edu there are additional ways to access your e-mail account.
Students can go to www.outlook.com and login using their entire ecu email address as the login and their passphrase as the password.
February 14, 2012
Changes have been that will allow students to enter their campus address as their mailing address or permanent address provided it follows the following criteria:
1. Must have the words “East Carolina University” (not “ECU”) on line 1, 2 or 3 of the address.
2. Must have Greenville as the city.
3. Must have NC as the state.
4. Must have 27858 as the zip code (this will automatically be changed to 27858-4353).
The new change will not verify if the campus address dorm numbers are correct, but as long as you use the format above, you should be able to enter your campus address.
November 9, 2011
Microsoft has upgraded our ECU Alumni E-mail from Hotmail platform to the more robust Outlook Live platform. Users ID and passwords will not change, but the login page to access the email has changed to https://www.outlook.com . For more information about how to use Outlook Live, see Get Started with Outlook Web App (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=202553).
During the transition users may see some of their e-mail going to the old account first (accessible at http://mail.live.com), then they will be copied over to the new account.
There are five things Alumni e-mail users need to do:
1. Verify that all your e-mail and contacts were migrated. Open your new mailbox. Then open your old Hotmail mailbox by going to http://hotmail.com. Make sure all e-mail messages and contacts that are in Hotmail are also in Outlook Live. If you see any discrepancies, please contact the University Help Desk at (252)328-9866.
2. If you use Outlook, add your Outlook Live account to Outlook. Learn how at Set Up Outlook 2007 (http:// go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209703), or Set Up Outlook 2010 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209704).
3. Transfer your calendar information from the Windows Live calendar (https://calendar.live.com) to the Outlook Live calendar. Learn how at Transfer Calendar Data from Windows Live (Hotmail) to Outlook Live (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209705).
4. If you’ve set up e-mail forwarding in Hotmail, set it up again in Outlook Live. Learn how at Use Rules to Automatically Forward Messages to Another Account (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209708).
5. If you’ve created contact categories in Hotmail, set them up in Outlook Live as distribution groups. Learn how at Create a New Distribution Group (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209707).
Thank you for your help making this transition smooth, and enjoy the new features of Outlook Live. If you have questions, contact the University Help Desk at (252)328-9866.
June 10, 2011
Some features in blackboard may not work correctly if you are using a browser not recommended for Blackboard 9. Some of the newer versions do not support all the features of Blackboard 9.
View list of compatible browsers
Also, for Internet Explorer 9 users, there is a compatibility mode that may work for you. Find out more about compatibility mode