Microsoft has upgraded our ECU Alumni E-mail from Hotmail platform to the more robust Outlook Live platform. Users ID and passwords will not change, but the login page to access the email has changed to https://www.outlook.com . For more information about how to use Outlook Live, see Get Started with Outlook Web App (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=202553).
During the transition users may see some of their e-mail going to the old account first (accessible at http://mail.live.com), then they will be copied over to the new account.
There are five things Alumni e-mail users need to do:
1. Verify that all your e-mail and contacts were migrated. Open your new mailbox. Then open your old Hotmail mailbox by going to http://hotmail.com. Make sure all e-mail messages and contacts that are in Hotmail are also in Outlook Live. If you see any discrepancies, please contact the University Help Desk at (252)328-9866.
2. If you use Outlook, add your Outlook Live account to Outlook. Learn how at Set Up Outlook 2007 (http:// go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209703), or Set Up Outlook 2010 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209704).
3. Transfer your calendar information from the Windows Live calendar (https://calendar.live.com) to the Outlook Live calendar. Learn how at Transfer Calendar Data from Windows Live (Hotmail) to Outlook Live (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209705).
4. If you’ve set up e-mail forwarding in Hotmail, set it up again in Outlook Live. Learn how at Use Rules to Automatically Forward Messages to Another Account (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209708).
5. If you’ve created contact categories in Hotmail, set them up in Outlook Live as distribution groups. Learn how at Create a New Distribution Group (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209707).
Thank you for your help making this transition smooth, and enjoy the new features of Outlook Live. If you have questions, contact the University Help Desk at (252)328-9866.