The Portz Fellowship supports original and extended interdisciplinary projects for up to eighteen months. Applications and supporting materials must be submitted electronically by March 15.
The project must be completed no later than August 31 of the following year. Fellows are required to submit two progress reports, the first on November 1 of the granting year, and the second on April 1 of the following year. Proposals are reviewed by the Portz Fellowship Committee, whose members represent diverse academic disciplines. Please read the following details concerning funding decisions:
- Funding is determined by a majority vote of the Portz Fellowship Committee.
- Committee members may not be familiar with the technical terminology associated with the applicant’s discipline. Thus, the application should be tailored for a general academic audience.
- The committee considers the degree to which the applicant has followed the application instructions.
- The submission form can be downloaded as either a Word document or as a PDF for reference, but you must submit electronically. Every part of the form must be completed in order for your project to be considered.
- If you have any questions, contact the Portz Fellowship Committee Chair, Patrice Berger.
For more information, please click here.