George Bailey, Charles Baldwin, Wendy Creasey, Lida Cope, Michael Dixon, Karl Faser, Amy Frank, Cheryl Godwin, John Jones, Thomas Lamb, Matt Long, Diana Lys, Jack McCoy, Donna McDonald, Len Rhodes, Clayton Sessoms, Jeff Shingpaugh, Brad Simon, Lee Todrick, Leonard Trujillo, Mark Moore, Margaret Umphrey, Ken Wilson, Bill Wittman
Approval of Minutes
Wendy Creasey requested that the September minutes include a statement to reflect that the funding received for IT projects includes monies allotted for both Phase 1 and Phase 2. This correction will be reflected in the September minutes. Phase 2 funds are tentative.
Distributed IT Controls (Jack McCoy)
The 2011 audit of Distributed IT controls called for improved controls and practices in departmental IT areas. Response to the audit is to establish controls for server administration, provide training to server administrators and develop a plan for other distributed IT functions (database admin, etc.). There is also a plan to create processes for server identification, vulnerability scanning and remediation. The anticipated deadline for the new controls is March 2013. Currently, both the Information Security Manual and the Server Administration Best Practices Guide are under ITCS review. Additional information on the audit response will be brought before the IRCC as it becomes available.
InfoBlox DHCP & DNS Changes (Cheryl Godwin)
Infoblox is an Enterprise solution for Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and IP Address Management (IPAM). ITCS is in the process of replacing the existing applications servicing DNS, DHCP and IPAM to provide automation, resilience and forecasting which will support the growing demands of ECU’s network resources. This change will provide a consolidated enterprise solution for IPAM, DNS, DHCP, Security and Network Administrators to manage, evaluate, troubleshoot current resources and forecast future growth including functionality for IPv6 through a customizable user interface.
The Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IPAM solution is scheduled to be installed Christmas Break 2012. This will affect all network devices including but not limited to PC’s, printers, networked copiers, servers and other networked resources.
Bb Upgrade, Survey Feedback, Tool Integration
- Currently 65% of Faculty are using Bb
- 54.2% if courses have been made available to students
- 1,069 tickets closed for Bb last year (about 1% SafeAssign tickets)
- Platform additions include, Lockdown browser, Tegrity pilot, Collaborate pilot, & Kaltura pilot
- January 2013 – Bb Health Check (general system review)
- February 2013 Testing and training begins for the upgrade to Service Pack 9
- May 2013 – Upgrade to Service Pack 9
Tom Lamb provided an update on the Network Upgrade project. The project requires a lot of training and the ECU team is receiving training on the new equipment. The project is on track this year.
SharePoint Upgrade, Opscan, Publisher Tools (Wendy Creasey)
- SharePoint upgrade expected to occur during winter break 2012
- User testing will open around November 1st
- Currently exploring new software and new method of distribution for Opscan
- More in the future on Publisher Tools and Hosted Systems. FERPA data should have approval from the Registrar.
Best tools for creating BIC Reports include
- BIDS 2008 R2 – (Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008 R2)
- No 32/64 bit issues
- Contact Skip Kirby for assistance