George Bailey, Charles Baldwin, Dana Brooks, Lida Cope, Wendy Creasey, Jo Lynne Daughtry, Michael Dixon, Ray Drake, Karl Faser, Amy Frank, Greg Hodges, Jack McCoy, Thomas Lamb, Zach Loch, Matt Long, Diana Lys, Donna McDonald, Richard Ramirez, Brad Simons, Joel Sweatte, Lee Toderick, Leonard Trujillo, Margaret Umphrey, Ken Wilson, Bill Wittman, Biwu Yang,
Jo Lynne Daughtry reviewed Web statistics for 2012. See highlights of her presentation below:
- There’ve been 65 million visits to ecu.edu.
- Homepage gets 37% of traffic. The rest of the top level site gets 15% of traffic. Find People is the busiest page getting 8% of the traffic.
- On the homepage, most-clicked links are Find People, Blackboard, Search, and OneStop.
- Key phrases receiving the most search requests are tuition, calendar, jobs, transcripts, financial aid, student health, human resources
- Top sites are ITCS, Library, Grad School, and Med.
- CommonSpot contains 802 department websites and 150,000 web pages.
- Mobile devices visiting ecu.edu are 68% iOS and 28% Android
- Mobile traffic has increased from <5000 in 2010 to 1.2M in 2011 to 2.4M in 2012
- ECU Mobile App has been installed 27,000 times with 61% iOS and 39% Android. It has been used 2.5M times.
Google Analytics can be provided for all of ECU or for individual sites. An account will be set up in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org (xxx represents the pirateID). This format will determine what account should be removed when an individual leaves the university.
Learning Platform Analytics: (Matt Long)
There will be an upgrade to Bb 9 during Summer 2013. The upgrade will increase speed and overall performance of Bb. Bb statistics between 3/2012 and 3/2013 indicate that the average Bb page views per day amount to 505,660. Page views on the most active date were 1,282,443.
Mediasite is a hardware-based lecture capture solution installed in several classrooms. It records a face-to-face lecture and allows faculty to post presentations and audio/video files as needed. Total Mediasite presentations amount to 14,751. Total recorded presentations amount to 3,288.
SabaCentra is a web conferencing program that allows a group to interact with one another in a virtual online meeting environment. In the fall of 2012 Saba had been used in 191 classes. As of February 2013, Saba has already been used in 154 classes.
Tegrity is a software lecture capture system integrated with Blackboard which offers a simple record, upload and share process. Faculty can use Tegrity to record audio, video, and computer screen activity as well as document cameras and other external sources. Tegrity usage reported for January – March 2013 amounts to 7,827 hours.
Account Termination Policy: (Drake/McCoy)
An implementation timeframe for the User Account Termination Process has not yet been determined. Review process updates below:
- User accounts will be revoked at termination date, plus five days.
- Returning temporary faculty will not lose account access when paperwork is submitted on May 1 for a May 15 contract date.
- Departmental representatives may submit a request to the IT Help Desk to reactivate accounts that have been terminated.
- Supervisor notifications establish interim access privileges for separating employers and take precedence over other account terminations processes.
- HR termination reports serve as a safety net to ensure employees do not have unauthorized access to university services after separating from the university.
Course Tools/Cloud: (Wendy Creasey)
We have put together a group to create a self-assessment process for externally-hosted tools. The self-assessment would help faculty determine whether the data was FERPA and required approval; whether the tool met ADA requirements; whether data met security requirements; and whether the contract required review by Materials Management. Additional information will be presented to IRCC as it becomes available.
NOREX Demonstration: (Wendy Creasey)
NOREX is a peer-to-peer collaborative network of Information Technology professionals. NOREX organizations share proven solutions, documentation and project insight without vendor influence.