February 20, 2013
ECU Faculty: Every year we purge old Blackboard courses. We do so to stay within our storage goals and business policy of keeping two years of Blackboard sites in our production system. In a few short weeks, we will be purging the following courses (all of them) unless you submit a request to have your courses saved.
>>>>>The purge date is March 11th, 2013 <<<<<
- 2009 Fall semester
- 2010 Spring semester
- 2010 Summer #1 semester
- 2010 Summer #2 semester
- 2010 Full Term Summer semester
- 2010 Fall semester
- 2011 Spring semester
You have 2 choices for saving your course site:
- Submit a request for us to save your Bb sites in Blackboard. If you choose this option you will need to list all FULL COURSE ID’s in your request submission. Here is the link to submission site:
- Export or Archive your courses offline. This is a suggested best practice for all Blackboard courses at the end of the semester. Make sure you save all exported or archived sites on your ECU Piratedrive.
If you’d like to export or archive your own courses, it’s easy.
Export: Only course content
Archive: All course content, student interactions and gradebook data
In either an export or an archive you will be saving a .zip offline for your records. Please save these files in a secure location like Piratedrive.
- Go to the Control Panel in your Blackboard course, click Properties and Utilities.
- Click Archive course.
- Include Grade Center History if you want to save student work.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for an email confirming the archive process.
- Once you receive the email, go back to Export/Archive Course under the Control Panel. Click to download to a secure location (e.g., Piratedrive).
Please download the one-page PDF, How to Archive Your Course for further details, including FERPA and HIPAA regulations regarding privacy. Note: The .zip file is only useful once uploaded to the Blackboard environment.
Questions? Contact Matt, Cindy, or Allen
Blackboard Support Email: email@example.com