Tips For Success
Tips for Success
- The first week of the semester is crucial. Research has shown that students who do not fully engage in the required activities the first week of the semester have very little change of passing.
- You should plan to spend a minimum of 1-2 hours per a day to complete the required course work.
- Complete ALL course pack work from “Outside of Class” and/or “Before Going to Class” sections prior to your scheduled class date and time.
- Always go to class!
- Always complete ALL required CAVE hours!
- Keep track of assignment deadlines. Do not wait until deadlines get near to begin working on homework.
- Feel free to use the Help features while doing homework and get help from tutors or others, but continue to rework a similar exercise until you can do the exercise without any assistance.
- Prepare for tests by working and then reworking the Practice Tests on MyMathLab (MML). You should take the Practice Test in a test setting. If you can do well (70% or higher) two attempts in a row, in a test setting, then you should be ready for your actual test.
- Prepare for the final exam by working and reworking the Practice Final Exam on MML. You should take the Practice Final Exam in a test setting. If you can do well (70% or higher) two attempts in a row, in a test setting, then you should be ready for your the actual Final Exam.
- Keep a positive attitude about your ability to succeed!