MSITE is starting Launch into Mathematics Teaching.
Calling all first year elementary teachers!
With grant support from the Z Smith Reynolds Foundation, MSITE is starting Launch into Mathematics Teaching. LAUNCH is a two-year program for first year elementary teachers focused on teaching mathematics. The program includes professional development and ongoing mentoring. We will work with participants to:
• Dig into the Common Core State Standards for the grade level they are teaching
• Become familiar with texts, pacing guides, and assessments used by their district
• Learn strategies for fostering student reasoning and problem-solving
• Develop an organizational system to keep track of student formative assessment data and use it for instruction
• Collect grade level specific activities, ideas for daily mathematics routines, and beginning-of-the-year activities to build a community of mathematics learners
• Create and organize classroom materials
Space is limited, but we have a few openings left. Email questions to Dr. Katie Schwartz at email@example.com. Apply now!