- Log in and locate course: http://moodle.aos.ecu.edu
- In course “Turn Editing On”
- Locate activity to add groups to.
- Within the activity (in the settings) towards the end will be a block labeled: Common Module Settings
- Three Choices are available for group mode: No Groups, Separate Groups, and Visible Groups.
- Choose which will apply to this activity and click “Save and Return to Course” or “Save and display”
No Groups: there are no sub groups, everyone is part of one big community
Separate Groups: each group can only see their own group, others are invisible
Visible Groups: each group works in their own group, but can also see other groups
The feature “Available for group members only” will enable ONLY GROUP MEMBERS to see that activity or forum. (This is also for if you wish to hide an assignment from the rest of the class but have it available for a few students only, anyone not in the specified group will be unable to see this assignment, forum, wiki, ect.