Archive: February 8 – 15, 2011
- Nephrology On-Demand will be presenting at the 2011 National Kidney Foundation Meetings (Las Vegas, NV).
Learn about NOD Mobile and NOD Blogs. Review data about each and how you (or your institution) can participate with NOD. Poster numbers and additional details forthcoming
- Bloggers wanted for the 2011 Home Dialysis University Program (formerly PD University).
If interested, click here to submit your contact information.
- Pregnancy in Chronic Kidney Disease
A brief overview of the physiologic changes in pregnancy and specific considerations in patients with CKD. (click here)
- BK (Polyoma) Virus infection
A brief overview of the polyoma virus and associated pathology. (click here)
- The Cardio-Renal Syndrome
An extensive review of this clinical entity, including case examples (with answers), pathophysiologic mechanisms, evidence-based therapeutic recommendations, and future directions. (click here)
- Histopathology Tutorials
Two (2) new tutorials are now available — Henoch-Schonlein glomerulonephritis and type I MPGN. Annotated histopath slides are available. (click here)
- Guest Lecture Series – Part 1 of 2: Gerald Appel, MD
Dr. Appel discusses the data surrounding phosphate binder use and provides a cursory review of the updates in glomerular disease. (click here)
- Nephrology On-Demand by the numbers
Visit our data box to your left to learn how NOD performs as an educational tool.
- Calendar of Scientific Meetings/Events
Keep up with local, national, and international meetings with our easy to use calendar. Download the calendar to iCal or subscribe to the calendar RSS feed to stay abreast of upcoming scientific meetings and abstract deadlines. Select EXTRAS on the dynamic menu bar at the bottom of your screen
- The Cardio-Renal Syndrome (click here)
- Lipid Lowering Therapy in CKD and ESRD
A review of the 4D, AURORA, and SHARP Trials. (click here)