Archive: March 4 – 13, 2011
- Nephrology On-Demand celebrates World Kidney Day with Spanish-language patient education videos
New Spanish-language patient education videos from the National Kidney Disease Education Program are now available
- Nephrology On-Demand celebrates World Kidney Day with visit by Shad Ireland
Shad Ireland is the only ESRD patient to ever complete the Ironman Triathalon. He will be visiting East Carolina Univ. on World Kidney Day. Stay tuned for additional information.
- Nephrology On-Demand mentioned in the latest issue of Nephrology News and Issues
Read the article and learn more about our press and publications [click here].
- Nephrology On-Demand will be presenting at the American Society of Hypertension
Data on NOD Mobile will be presented on May 22. More information to follow.
- Guest Lecture Series – The Physical Examination of the Fistula
Dr. Tushar Vachharajani discusses the proper physical method and findings to examine and monitor arteriovenous fistulas. [click here]
- Disorders of Sodium and Water Balance: A mathematical approach
A mathematical approach to common dysnatremias with a correlation to common clinical conditions and widely used diagnostic algorithms. [click here]
- AASK Trial – Phase 2 results and analysis
A look at the recently released data behind Phase 2 of the AASK trial and brief commentary. [click here]
- Infective Endocarditis in the ESRD patient
Taken from the perspective of a cardiothoracic surgeon, this presentation highlights the challenges that face surgeons in the treatment of IE in the ESRD population. [click here]
- CREATE, CHOIR, and TREAT — Anemia management in CKD/ESRD patients
A brief overview of the last 3 RCT’s looking at this controversial topic in dialysis-patient care. [click here]
- Ferumoxytol Billing Guidelines
Appropriate billing guidelines for the use of ferumoxytol injection in the treatment of iron-deficiency anemia in CKD patients.. [click here]
- NOD Calendar Updates
Last updated March 2, 2011
- NOD will be undergoing a server upgrade (another one!) on March 6 (Sunday).
Most of our teaching resources will not be available to our users at home and around the world. The upgrade should last about 5 hours. We will be up and running by the afternoon of March 6 (Eastern Std. Time; GMT -5:00). Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Disorders of Sodium and Water Balance: A mathematical approach [click here]
- Infective Endocarditis in the CKD/ESRD patient [click here]