Archive: April 19 – 25, 2011
- 25th Annual Yash P. Kataria Internal Medicine Research Day
This year’s competition saw the greatest number of abstracts submitted for oral and poster presentations. This year’s motto:
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought — Albert Szent-Györgi (1893-1986)
Hungarian biochemist. 1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine
This year’s keynote address will be:
Role of High Blood Pressure in the Epidemiology and Prevention of CVD
by David C. Goff, Jr., MD, PhD
Professor and Chair, Division of Public Health Services Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Research Day will be held on 4/20/11 at the East Carolina Heart Institute.
- Nephrology On-Demand will provide highlights from the 2011 NKF Spring Clinical Meetings
Starting April 27, Nephrology On-Demand will provide detailed highlights of selected sessions at the NKF in Las Vegas, NV. Further details will be available as the date approaches.
- Abstracts for the 25th Annual Internal Medicine Research Day
Abstracts for the oral presentations are available. [click here]
- Pancreas transplantation in the treatment of diabetes
Join Dr. Robert Harland, Chief of Transplantation and Immunology at East Carolina University, as he guides the nephrologist and internist through the benefits of pancreas transplantation as a cure for type I and II diabetes mellitus. [click here]
- Henoch-Schonlein Nephritis and treatment with Cyclosporin A
The use of an old medication (cyclosporin A) to treat a relatively rare disease, this journal club walks the user through data behind the efficacy of cyclosporin A in HSP nephritis as well as provides the historical background about therapies used in prior years. [click here]
- Cystatin C as a predictor of dialysis need
Learn the prognostic ability of serum cystatin C in determining the need for dialysis or the outcome of death in acute renal failure patients. [click here]
- Abstracts for the Special Interest Group in Healthcare Transition
Submitted abstracts, including contact information for the lead authors, are available for your review. [click here]
- ECU Transplantation Symposium
Blog of the ECU Transplantation Symposium, including the Keynote address by Dr. A. Osama Gaber. [click here]
- 2011 Q1 data
Now available in our dynamic menu bar (left-side of your screen).
- Updated calendar events on April 18, 2011
Automatically keep track of scientific meetings with our Calendar RSS feed.
None for this issue.