Archive: October 15 – 25, 2011
- CME Credits
A number of NOD users have expressed interest in obtaining CME credit (AMA Category 1) when viewing NOD material. We heard your requests and are in preparations to bring you CME-teaching material online. Before we make any final decisions, we’d like you to answer 3 questions (below):
- NOD YouTube breaks 20,000 views
Nephrology On-Demand’s YouTube channel has broken the 20,000 views milestone. Lectures are now in high-definition 720p video with digital audio and divided into 9 easy-to-use playlists. All lectures are viewable on any smartphone/mobile device.
[click here to visit NOD YouTube]
- NOD will be blogging and tweeting from Kidney Week 2011
NOD will have live tweets and blogs from the 2011 Kidney Week Meetings in Philadelphia, PA. Visit NOD Blogs to read blog entries from the 2010 Renal Week Meetings in Denver, CO.
[click here for 2010 blog]
[click here to follow NOD on Twitter]
- Indications for Transplantation in Wegener’s Granulomatosis
A detailed analysis of the indications for renal transplantation in patients suffering from ANCA-associated vasculitis, specifically Wegener’s granulomatosis.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea in CKD and ESRD patients
A literature review detailing the current knowledge of obstructive sleep apnea in chronic kidney disease and ESRD patients. Special attention is paid to CKD patients, in whom limited information is known about obstructive sleep apnea.
- 38th Annual AAKP National Convention
NOD is proud to offer patients/family members free access to pertinent lectures conducted at the 38th Annual American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) Convention in Little Rock, AK. View these videos in 720pHD and ask your questions using NOD’s anonymous Discussion Board.
[click here for videos]
[click here for the Discussion Board]
- New Perspective: Nephrologists in humanitarian relief work: My two cents
Dr. Guillermo Hidalgo briefly discusses how nephrologists can play key roles in humanitarian relief work, with a short reflection of his efforts during the Haitian earthquake aftermath.
- NOD in talks to offer AMA Category 1 credit for selected teaching resources
Please answer the polling questions above as we work on bringing you CME credit for your activities on Nephrology On-Demand
- 10-minute Rounds launch date announced
The official launch date for 10-minute Rounds will be January 1, 2012.
- Sample 10-minute Rounds video: Fluid shifts during the administration of hyperosmolar solutions